Saturday, January 31, 2009

Southern Sun

Hey all!!!

First, I would like to say that Lily, I empathize with you. 34 hours of travel from my house in MV to Charlton house here in Cape Town is not what I would dub a pleasant experience, especially when it includes three layovers. I lost one bag on route, but ever the Boy Scout, I'd divided up my things so I have plenty of clothes and such to tide me over until my other bag arrives (it's still in Johannesburg).

Cape Town is such a surreal experience. That's what this city is...an experience. So much life exists here. The city center is constantly moving. From any point in the city you can see Table Mountain watching over her people. It's absolutely stunning. I'll be hiking it sometime within the next week for sure.

The house I'm staying in is awesome...three stories, a pool table, and a gorgeous view of the mountain. Twenty one other kids live here, most from the states, a few from Norway. My roomie is from Berkeley, and is the total CAL girl (backpacker at heart). We get along great. Oh, and Drew, did I mention that she was at the inauguration?

Anywho, I'm safe in Cape Town, though it hasn't yet sunk in that I'll be here for 5 months.

Much love as always!!

No comments:

Post a Comment