Monday, February 2, 2009

will you let me romanticise the beauty in our London skies?

I have been in love with a whole lot of people and things over the last twenty years. I'm in love with a whole lot right now. I will very likely be in love with a whole lot as the years add up and I get older.

I'm not sure that anything will ever capture my heart in the way that a snowy London has. London absolutely stole my heart today. Its snowing more here than it has in over 20 years. It is, in fact, still snowing. About nine inches on the ground right now. The city itself has basically shut down - I was going to see A Midsummer Night's Dream tonight and it was cancelled due to snow. School was called because of snow. The tube is almost universally delayed or closed. The Daily Mail has a headline that "not even the Blitz stopped the buses... but this storm has." People literally have no fucking clue how to handle this.

Me? I went and took pictures. I got into a bit of a snowball fight. I'm now tucked safely in my room with tea, chocolate, and a good book. Tonight? Wine, dinner, and maybe a movie with my flatmates.

I have never seen anything as beautiful as London covered in snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment